The snow has melted and the once white and barren landscape has transformed into that of life and joy. It’s almost spring, ladies and gentlemen, and we are back to love-hating this season once again. But before you go and head on out to enjoy the warmer weather, you should not forget about spring car maintenance.
Remember that due to the big difference in temperature and road conditions, you have to ensure that your car is up for the task. You did some adjustments and maintenance checks on your car before winter started and you should do the same for spring.
Spring and Your Car
Unlike winter, there’s really nothing much to “look out” for in spring. Spring maintenance is all about checking your car for any damages it has incurred during the winter and to revert any changes you have made to it. This is to make sure that your car performs at its best while on the road. Spring maintenance can help you save money and headaches in the long run especially when you have a lot planned for the spring and summer.
But where do you start?
We’re going to help you out with a guide on how to prepare your car for spring. While not all these suggestions can apply to all types of vehicles or for cars in different locations, they will serve as a guideline for everybody to use for spring car maintenance.
Spring Car Maintenance Checklist
- Give your car a thorough wash – The term “spring cleaning” should not just apply to your home but also to your car. Just like spring cleaning, your spring carwash should be thorough. Getting an expert really helps but you can always do it yourself given you have the time and patience to do so. Make sure you get into every nook and cranny of your car. You can also go and add baking soda on your wash water to make sure you stop any form of salt buildup from the winter. Winter can do a number on your car exterior so this carwash is really important.
- Have your tires checked – When checking your car tires, don’t just focus on whether it has enough air or not. Winter driving can be brutal to your cars. To make sure that they are in tip-top shape, go to a shop to have them rotate and align your tires. This will make sure you get even and safer wearing thus giving your tires a longer life. You also might want to change your tires in case you changed them for winter tires. But check if the replacement tire has enough tread. Spring is notorious for random showers so the road can get slippery when you least expect it.
- Check the electrical wirings of your car – While most mechanics would just ask you to check your battery, it would be better for your car if you go the extra mile by checking the electrical wirings. First check would definitely be the battery but you also have to make sure that terminals and electrical components are in good shape. Nobody wants to have their car dying on them in the middle of the road, right?
- Rehabilitate your windshield wipers – Your windshield wipers can easily get damaged during the winter. If you feel like your wipers are already streaking, replace them. New wipers don’t cost much and you can even replace it yourself. Spring also means rain so you still need a properly working windshield wiper for a safer drive.
- Manage the fluids – Winter may require you to use specialized fluids for your car so that means you might have to change them for spring. You can start with your oil to make sure your engine enjoys a long and healthy life. Next up will be your wiper fluid which often gets used up during winter to wash off the grime from your windshield. Lastly, check your brake fluid for a safer drive.
Spring Car Maintenance at T3 Atlanta
Spring can get pretty exciting for everybody, but without preparation, this can result in problems. Spring maintenance will breathe a new life into your car and will lengthen its life. Visit T3 Atlanta today to have your spring car maintenance and checkup. Rest assured your car is in good hands every time with T3 Atlanta.