The holidays are coming up and everybody is in panic mode to look for gifts to give. You might have friends who got a new car, or a family member who might need a thing or two in their car. For these people, car gifts for Christmas make perfect sense. But what should you buy?
Do a quick search on Amazon and you will be swallowed by an ocean of products that promise to do this and that but are they really gift-worthy? So we’ll help you out by listing down the five best car gifts for Christmas. Note that we took into consideration a regular person’s budget when making this list so don’t expect anything that would break the bank. Plus, we added one more item that just amazed us we had to include it on the list. Let’s start the Christmas shopping!
The Best Car Gifts for Christmas
- Phone mount/holder – According to statistics, around 88 out of 100 drivers use their phones while driving. This could either be to play music, check social media, answer texts, or take phone calls. Holding your phone while driving is distracting and can result in a number of accidents. A quick 4-second sequence of picking up your phone and checking it out can result in a gruesome accident. A phone mount can help lessen the distraction by holding your phone up for you. If placed in the right spot, it will take you a second to check who is calling or what a notification is all about. A phone holder/mount also allows you to check your phone easily for instructions or directions from your phone GPS. There are countless choices and they come rather cheap. Perfect giveaway gift for your employees or co-workers.
- Dash Cam – No car should be without a dashcam nowadays. Nowadays, you can buy off-brand dash cams online for less than $100 and they work great. Some of them even have a rear camera that can help you while backing up. A dash cam is a perfect gift for someone who just got a new car and just started driving. The recording from the dash cam can help explain how they got dings and dents on their cars.
- OBD 2 Scanner – Got a friend who really loves cars? They would probably love an OBD2 scanner. An OBD, or on-board diagnostics, scanner is a nifty tool that pretty much translates machine talk to something we can all understand. Is your check engine light lit up? An OBD 2 scanner can help tell you what’s wrong within seconds. This is great for people who can do minor repairs and maintennance in their cars. With an OBD 2 scanner, you can save your friend an unwanted trip or two to the shop.
- Bluetooth adapter – Ask anybody who does long drives and the one thing that keeps them sane at all times and their answer would probably be music. If your car just rolled off the assembly line within the past 5 years, this would not be a problem. However, older cars only have a USB, 3.5mm jack, or cd interfaces for music input. Unless you have your high school CD stash of rad music with you, this can be quite a problem. Worry not though, a simple device is available to save you. A bluetooth adapter serves as a bridge between your phone (or any bluetooth capable music player) and your car sound system. Usually connected through the audio jack, the adapter receives and translates the music from your phone to your stereo. No more silent drives. Just feel good music from engine start until you reach your destination
- Car Charger – Nothing could be worse than having a dead phone battery in the middle of a road trip, right? While you can always use a powerbank, those things can get quite heavy and clunky. Not to mention the fact that you are actually carrying a mini hand grenade. So how to solve this problem? By charging your phone with the help of your car. A car charger turns your cigarette lighter port into a 2 or even 3 port phone charger. Perfect for people who are always on the go who can’t afford to stop at a coffee shop just to charge. As long as your car is running, you can charge anywhere at anytime.
- Handpresso – While doing research for this article, I was looking for the stuff that people might find necessary. I didn’t expect to see anything coffee related but that’s when I found the Handpresso. Basically, it’s a coffee maker that you can carry to your car. Yep. You heard me right. You can make a piping hot cup of joe in your car. Imagine sipping your favorite brew on a truck stop after driving for hours. Plus, the most basic model is priced at around $75.
While material things are the first things we consider when thinking of gifts, car care can also be a great gift to give your friend or family. Here in T3 Atlanta, we are the best place for Nissan, Infiniti, Toyota, and Lexus auto repairs. Take your friend/family member’s car to T3 Atlanta and we’ll get it to tip-top shape in no time.