For many people, summer is the ideal time to pack up the car and head out of town. Today, we’ll talk about our top tips to help you plan a road trip this summer.
1. Make Sure There Are Activities For The Whole Family
Are you looking for an adventure? Something more idyllic? A destination with family-friendly activities?
Whatever you choose, make sure there’s something fun for everyone to do. If you’re visiting a resort, make sure there are fun activities for kids. If you’re visiting a theme park, make sure that adults have entertainment options as well.
Collaborate with all family members to ensure everyone gets a voice about what to see and do. Striking the right balance can help keep everyone happy and make your vacation truly memorable.
2. Choose A Place To Stay That Fits Your Needs
Where you stay can make or break your vacation. Here are some tips to keep in mind when choosing where to book a room.
- Motels may be ideal for people on a budget and who aren’t planning to spend much time in their room.
- Hotels often provide easy access to top entertainment and sightseeing options. Regular travelers with rewards programs may enjoy discounts on rooms and other perks.
- Resorts and bed and breakfasts are luxurious options that offer plenty of amenities to rest, relax, and unwind.
- Camping is ideal for hikers and outdoorsy people, or those traveling with pets, while “Glamping” may be preferable for those who like the outdoors but also want their creature comforts at hand.
- AirBnB and VRBOs offer a wide range of costs, locations, and amenities. These options may be ideal for longer stays, are planning to cook, or are traveling with a large group and need more space
Wherever you choose to stay, do your research and make sure it’s close to sightseeing and other activities.
3. Bring Music, Podcasts, Or Audiobooks
If you’re going on a particularly long road trip, consider downloading some audio entertainment before you go.
- Music is always an excellent go-to, and creating a special playlist can help elevate your road trip.
- Podcasts are also a great option for long travel. With options ranging from food to philosophy and true crime, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
- Audiobooks are a road trip classic. Since it’s challenging to make time to read a book in today’s hectic world, multiple hours on the road may be the ideal opportunity to get caught up on books you have been meaning to read.
4. Pack Activities
From board games to video games, vacations are the perfect time for family and friends to get together and make memories in each other’s company.
If you have board games collecting dust in your closet or attic, now is the perfect time to bring them out. If video games are a better fit for your crew, make sure to bring charging and connector cables, extra controllers, and download your games of choice.
5. Prepare A Car Emergency Kit
Although we hope you won’t need one on your vacation, it’s important to pack a car emergency kit in your vehicle.
This kit should contain essentials such as:
- Jumper cables
- Safety flares and reflectors
- First aid kit
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Portable battery charger for phones
Make sure to add or remove items depending on the season. For summer, consider packing sunscreen and extra water – especially if you are travelling somewhere hot. For winter, consider adding salt, sand, and a shovel in case you get stuck in the snow.
Also, be sure that your emergency snacks and the items in your first-aid kit haven’t expired, and that the batteries in your flashlight or headlamp are working.
Get Your Car Serviced Before Your Trip With T3 Atlanta
If you’re taking to the road for your vacation this summer, make sure your car is in top shape before you go to help avoid unexpected car troubles. Whether you want an inspection, tune-up, or a more intensive repair, give T3 Atlanta a call. Our expert team of mechanics are ready to help keep your car on the road wherever your travels may take you this summer.